Calendar of Scarn
• The moons: Scarn has two moons, but only one is granted a name. The orb called Belsameth’s Moon passes through a full cycle every 25 days, and it is said that Manawe, Goddess of the seas, commands the ocean tides to rise and fall in homor of her half-sister.
The second moon is called The Nameless orb or the Gray Moon when it is called anything. Corean decreed that the moon should not be named or mentioned, and across Ghelspad it is considered a symbol of death and ill omen. Its cycle is four months and one day. Every six and one-quarter years the two moons are full on the same night, widely considered to be a time of catastrophic events, horror and disaster.
The Calendar: (Campaign started the first day of Tanot, in the year 150 NC (New Calendar))
The old Calendar (Also called the Ledean Calendar) ended in the year 3529 OC (Old Calendar) which marked the end of the Divine War. All time has been using the New Calendar since then.
• The four months of Spring are as follows:
- Corot – The month of Strength, particularly that returning to the land after winter.
- Tanot – The month for hunting.
- Enkilot – The month of storms.
- Belot – The month of death, particularly those newborn that fail to endure.
• The four months of Summer are as follows:
- Chardot – The month of war.
- Madrot – The month of the radiant sun.
- Hedrot – The month of wealth.
- Vangalot – The month of disease.
• The four months of Autumn are as follows:
- Charder – The month of servitude.
- Madrer – The month of harvest.
- Enker – The month of travel.
- Corer – The month of crafting.
• The four months of Winter are as follows:
- Taner – The month of good fortune.
- Belsamer – The month of darkness.
- Hedrer – The month of protection.
- Vanger – The month of pestilence